Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lauri's Army Oath

Sorry about this being a bit late but here it is anyway. On the 18th of August I travelled to Kotka (Southern Finland) with Lauri's parents for his Army Oath. Although it was all in Finnish and I really didn't understand much it was good to go and get to see him make it, since it is a really big thing for him. His parents came and picked me up from my host families house at 9am and I drove with them for about an hour and a half to where the oath was held. The though of travelling alone with his parents worried me at first but they were really good and talked to me the whole way down about everything and anything. His mum also tried her hardest to talk to me even though she doesn't really speak English.

Lauri in full uniform!

In the church where the oath was held

Lauri and me

The sailor boys!

Lauri's mum and me

Lauri Marching


Boys Standing In Attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home